Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Who We Are
AINW is a premier cultural resources consulting firm of the Pacific Northwest. We are architectural historians, archaeologists, and technical specialists who have a passion for history and are dedicated to positively impacting our community in the present. At AINW you will work with multidisciplinary teams to balance new infrastructure development with the preservation of important places.
Where You’ll Work
AINW’s headquarters are in Portland, Oregon. We complete projects throughout the Pacific Northwest and are expanding operations in the Puget Sound area. You will work in AINW’s Portland office five days a week and we are open to considering occasional remote work.
Your Opportunity with AINW
We are seeking an efficient and organized administrative assistant to join our team. The administrative assistant will support our daily office operations and assist in the smooth running of the company. You will need to be detail-oriented, proactive, and have excellent communication skills. As an administrative assistant, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including document preparation and coordination of office functions. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to demonstrate their administrative skills and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Your role will include the following responsibilities.
- Serve as front desk receptionist; receive clients and vendors
- Answer calls, e-mails, and other correspondence
- Schedule meetings and manage calendars
- Provide clerical support for word processing and database management
- Prepare, edit, and proofread documents, reports, and presentations
- Arrange UPS and FedEx transactions
- Coordinate copier and printer maintenance
- Schedule IT support
- Assist in coordinating office functions
- Handle administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and maintaining office supplies
- Assist in the planning and organization of special events
- Review requests for and order certificates of insurance
- Other routine duties that require your involvement or assistance
To be successful in this position, you should meet the minimum requirements listed below. If you don’t meet the minimum requirements but think you are a good fit for this position, reach out and let us know how your equivalent knowledge and experience meet our needs.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a college degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years administrative experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
The anticipated hourly pay is $25 – $30, depending on your qualifications and experience. AINW pays the full premium for your medical and dental coverage and offers paid parental leave, holiday, and paid time off. AINW pays overtime for more than 40 hours worked per week and has a 401(k) profit sharing plan. AINW would support your professional development by providing you with training opportunities and would encourage your participation in academic pursuits and volunteer opportunities.
We Want to Hear from You
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of interest and availability, and a current resume/vita that provides information about your capabilities and employment experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you have areas of specialization and/or interest that we should know about. If you would like additional information, ask us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!